Wednesday 21 May 2014

An emotional day

It's been a bit of a funny day as I've said goodbye to one on my mindees (and her sibling), who I've looked after for 3+ years, and given away my first Folio made as a present. I knew when I saw the design for the 4th folio from Kathy Orta that I would be making it for my mindee so chose papers for that purpose from my stash.
I loved the amount of photos that would fit in this and a good job too as I had over 360 to choose from!! 


There are lots of pockets and flaps to add photos and journalling to. The cards in the pockets on the far left of the above photo go all the way down to the bottom of the page so the top one is long enough to fit 4 photos on (2 on each side) then they decrease in size.

Each of the centre pages has 2 pockets with 6x4 photo matts in and flips down the reveal the next one.
I spent an entire day of a weekend retreat making the folio and it's taken the last week, in my spare time, to fill it with photos and memories to give as her leaving pressie today. 
It was received with lots of oohs and aahs and a few moist eyes!! The mum's reaction made my labour of love so worthwhile and appreciated. She then left for work saying, "I'm going to show this to everyone at work to show them how fab you are!" 

I'm now thinking of making more personalised folios, the next one being for a friend's wedding!! 

Thanks for looking. 

3 comments:

  1. awww ((((hugs))))) for you on Scarletts leaving day.
    I knew her mum would love it and I'm pleased she received it so well and is so proud to be showing it off..... wow on the wedding one, bet it looks as gorgeous as this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma!! The wedding one's still in my thought process but hope to start on it this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this looks complicate but fabulous as well lol xxx

    ReplyDelete