Sunday 25 May 2014

Getting carried away!

I went into my craft room yesterday with the idea of starting to make my friend's wedding folio but got carried away, changed my mind and made another folio for myself! 
Today I finished it off and added lots of gorgeous Teresa Collins papers. I used a mixture of 2 collections - Memorabillia and Something wonderful - and at first didn't have a clue what I was going to use it for but have now decided to save it for our trip to Italy in September for our 20th wedding anniversary.
The sentiments on the papers and embellishments scream a special occasion and with lots of pockets to fill I can keep all of our Memorabillia and photos of the trip in one place. 


The policy type pockets are held closed with magnets so things won't fall out. The only thing I haven't done is cut and inserted the photo matts into the pockets but that can be done once I have the photos to add to the folio.


I rounded the corners of the papers to add contrast between them and the background but I feel it also softens up the severity of the black card and makes the colours 'pop' a little bit more.


The title stickers on the front of the album are a sentiment that we should all aim to do: 
Love deeply, live with passion, laugh often :) 


2 comments:

  1. fabulous Di - love it. My three fav words, Live, laugh, love lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new paper pack DOES work really well in your folio.... I'm glad you get to keep it too1 how amazing will that look with beautiful italy photos inside.... stunning, once again xxx

    ReplyDelete